Pages - Menu

Saturday, March 15, 2014

A small rant...

Sorry for taking this opportunity to complain but, hey if I can't use my own personal blog to complain, then where am I gonna do it?
Anyway, last year I applied to a photo-journalist internship at TravelJapan.com, thinking that there was no way in hell I would ever get accepted. Recently, every job/internship I apply for gets me nowhere and now I'm left feeling discouraged and with really low self esteem. 
Well it just so happens that I receive a message from them recently saying that they really liked my portfolio and would like to chat with me via Skype. Of course, being super surprised, I gladly accepted. The interview went well (with the exception of my internet shutting down for a few minutes) and by the end of the interview, I was told that they would be really happy to have to join their program. I was sooooooo ecstatic that after closing down the Skype chat, I started crying with excitement. "OMG, I'm going to Japan to be a photo Journalist for 2 months" I thought. I told my sister who was also so happy for me. However, after a few days and reality sunk in, I was reviewing the information and realized that although the program covered some of the costs, it was nearly enough. Flights to Japan are just way too expensive, especially now because it's cherry blossom season. It would still cost be a few thousand, and just for an internship. The first day I realized it was impossible, I was just so heartbroken and didn't want to talk to anyone about it. I prayed so hard to be accepted, and now to have it taken away from me hurts quite a bit. I just hope God has a better plan for me in store because right now I'm just really sad.

Anyway, I'm glad I could get this off my chest.
If anyone is actually reading this, thanks.


1 comment:

  1. I know it's hard to not let yourself get discouraged, especially over something so disheartening. I deal with self esteem issues and have trouble shaking off life's short comings, but I think the best thing you can do is try not to get caught up in things you don't have any control over. Keep focused on short term goals and the big stuff will come down the line. Try not to measure your worth against things not working out for you, which might happen alot before everything falls into place. Writing about it here is probably one of the best things you can do right now, putting your feelings out there will help.

    tl;dr I know it's easier said than done, but don't let it get you down.

    ReplyDelete